From new FASB standards to cybersecurity concerns, Nonprofit Accounting and Financial Standards have changed and there’s no going back. Ready or not, here they come!
When FASB Accounting Standards Update (ASU) 2016-14 on nonprofit financial reporting systems and processes were introduced, there was nothing theoretical about it. Implementation is already here for fiscal years starting July 1, 2018.
Do you even know what is expected of you? It’s time to review your Best Practice Areas.
Best Practice Subject Matter
- Business Process & Reporting Systems
- Cash & Investment Management
- Core Programs Support
- Financial Policies & Procedures
- Internal & External Audit
- Regulatory Compliance
- Roles & Responsibilities
Is Your Not-for-Profit Financially Fit?
A not-for-profit’s liquidity is an important story to convey to the users of financial statements. Learn how to measure liquidity, how to disclose and present it under new financial reporting standards and next steps to consider.
How the New GDPR Data Privacy Standards May Affect Your Nonprofit
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) states that organizations that collect personal data or behavioral information from individuals in an EU member country are subject to GDPR requirements.
Don’t Become a Statistic: Four Tips for Preventing Fraud at Your Organization
There are many ways that fraud can be committed at a nonprofit organization. The one thing all tyopes of fraud have in common, however, is that they involve a violation of trust. And nowhere is the damage from that violation more acute than in not-for-profit organizations, which by their very nature and purpose are part of the public trust.
FASB ASU 2016-14: Liquidity Disclosures
What to know about liquidity disclosures under the new nonprofit reporting standards
More than 200 Articles on Best Practices in Accounting and Financial Standards
Explore 200 Best Practice articles provided by a Recognized Expert in Accounting and Financial Standards, CapinCrouse.
Featured Recognized Expert
CapinCrouse serves more than 1,500 nonprofit organizations with professional solutions that empower by providing support in key areas of financial integrity. Our services include:
- Assurance – Audit and other assurance services that validate your financial reporting, systems, and internal controls, as well as employee benefit plan audits and governmental audits
- Tax – Nonprofit tax advisory and compliance services provided by some of the most knowledgeable professionals to help you assess risk, develop a strategic response, and implement advantageous solutions and safeguards
- Consulting – A full range of services tailored to meet the unique needs of not-for-profit entities in financial, operational, strategy, and governance areas
For more information, please contact:
Dave Gunter, Partner and Chief Financial Officer: email@example.com
Please Share The Center With Your Colleagues and Coworkers